Violence Intervention Program, Inc. seeks an Outreach Specialist who will ensure the visibility of the VIP by raising awareness about domestic violence and promoting VIP’s culturally proficient services for women who are victims and survivors of domestic violence and their children.
The Outreach Specialist will help the program meet its contractual requirements by developing and maintaining community relationships and outreach opportunities. In addition, schedule workshops; develop public relations through community education, involvement and support. The Outreach Specialist will be responsible for planning, coordinating and promoting outreach activities. Reporting and data collection are also part of the responsibilities.
- Work with Adelante Mujer, a project of La Voz that builds the leadership skills of post-crisis domestic violence survivors and facilitates their work as promotoras, or community health educators, in the neighborhoods that VIP serves.
- Represent VIP at coalitions and in collaborative partnerships with other city and social service organizations and agencies.
- Provide workshops on domestic violence and facilitate presentations on VIP’s services in both English and Spanish for community members and other social service providers.
- Collaborate with agency communications such as the biannual newsletter.
- Participate in legislative advocacy efforts on behalf of VIP.
- Collect data and submit required program and funding reports in https://www.acheterviagrafr24.com/vente-viagra/ a timely fashion
- Participate in supervision, staff meetings and program meetings
- Capacity building in all programs of the agency – each staff member will demonstrate competency with incorporating financial literacy in the performance of their responsibilities.
- Perform other tasks as required, including any related supervisory and administrative duties as needed.
- BA/BS or equivalence in years of experience; Advanced degree preferred.
- Fully bilingual (English/Spanish – verbal and written).
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Must have the ability to operate office equipment such as computers, copy machine, fax machine, phone systems, etc. with strong internet and software skills; incl. Microsoft Office and client database.
- Knowledge of domestic violence from a cultural perspective.
- Comfortable working in diverse communities, particularly with Latinos/Latinas, people of color, and low income populations and deliver culturally competent services.
- Well organized, outgoing, able to work independently and collaboratively.
- Willing and able to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment and sensitivity at all times
- Must ensure agency, program and client confidentiality at all times.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates may respond to this opportunity by submitting a cover letter & resume with salary requirement to: email@example.com or fax (212)410-9117
NO CALLS PLEASE