The Morivivi Program, the first bilingual/bicultural (Spanish/English) safe dwelling in New York City seeks a Full/Time Maintenance Supervisor who will is responsible for daily oversight of the maintenance department. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for overseeing, coordinating, and delegating routine maintenance duties including repairs, installs, trouble shoot, and maintains equipment according to safety to code. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for evaluating problematic systems or facilities and determining what services need to be performed. The Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for hiring, training, and supervising maintenance staff, including assigning work load and work schedules. The Maintenance Supervisor is under the direct supervision of the Program Coordinator, Program Manager or the Program/Property Manager. The Maintenance Supervisor is on call for building/apartment emergencies 24 hours a day. Emergency issues include but are not limited to issues with gas, heat, hot water, flooding and/or lock issues.
- HS Diploma/GED; degree perferrred
- Fully bilingual required (English/Spanish - verbal and written)
- Must have minimum of 2 years previous experience as Maintenance, including supervising staff, startegic planning, developing budgets, electronics troublshootings, technical leadership, technical understanding, equipment maintenance, teamwork, job knowledge
- Ability to assist moving clients in/out of VIP safe dwelling (shelter), including heavy lifting (30 lbs.) and travel via public transportation (bus, train, etc.)
- Must have valid certificate of fitness
- A valid NYS Drivers License a plus
- Previous experience and knowledge in painting, plastering, wall paper hanging, removal and installation of commercial tiles, plumbing repair, repairing and maintaining heaters/radiators, troubleshooting air conditioning system
- Flexible schedule is required to meet the clients' needs, e.g. evenings and weekends
How to apply:
Qualified candidates may respond to this opportunity by submitting a cover later stating the interested position with a resume to: email@example.com, attention "Human Resources."