The Morivivi Program, the first bilingual/bicultural (Spanish/English) safe dwelling in New York City seeks Part/Time Maintenance Worker who will be responsible for performing the routine upkeep and extensive range of work in the repair and general maintenance of office buildings, safe dwellings and/or apartments; incl. surrounding grounds. The Maintenance Worker is under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor. The Maintenance Worker is on call for building/apartment emergencies 24 hours a day. Emergency issues include but are not limited to issues with gas, heat, hot water, flooding and/or lock issues.
- HS Diploma/GED; Degree Preferred and a valid Certificate of Fitness
- Fully Bilingual Required (English/Spanish – verbal and written).
- Must have minimum of 2 years previous experience as Maintenance.
- Ability to assist moving clients in/out of VIP safe dwelling (Shelter), incl. heavy lifting (30 lbs.) and travel via public transportation (bus, train, etc.)
- Must have a valid certificate of fitness.
- A valid NYS Drivers License a plus.
- Previous experience and knowledge in painting, plastering, wall paper hanging, removal and installation of commercial tiles, plumbing repair, repairing and maintaining heaters/radiators, troubleshooting air conditioning system
- Flexible schedule is required to meet the clients’ needs e.g., evenings, weekends
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates may respond to this opportunity by submitting a cover letter stating the interested position with a resume to: email@example.com attention “Human Resources.”